Nana May’s Super Skin Food Ingredients
Many of our customers ask WHY Nana May’s scrubs and oils are so effective, so we’d love to fill you in on the MAGIC combination of our NATURALLY POWERFUL and effective ingredients.
NATURE’S BOUNTY – THE SECRET TO GREAT SKIN
Although our exact recipe is a well-guarded secret, we want to share with you some of the amazing benefits of the ingredients. You see, they all have a special job to do and when blended in the just the right measure they create a wonderful synchronicity that nourishes and heals your skin like no other natural skin care product can.
- Dead Sea Salt – A true miracle of nature. Helps the healing process in disorders such as acne, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis. Helps ageing skin, with tests showing a 40% reduction in the depth of wrinkling
- Pink Himalayan Salt - Has exceptional detoxification properties and simultaneously infuses the skin and body with much needed minerals and hydration. Contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, essential for health.
The Nurturing, Nourishing Oils
- Apricot Seed – This little kernel packs a punch! It is a light oil that easily absorbs into the skin it has strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps soothe skin and reduce redness.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E oil is a super hydrator and works to block free radicals, which contribute to the aging process. It helps promote elasticity, reduce wrinkles and keep the skin youthful-looking.
- Hazelnut - Hazelnut oil is used for minimising the size of pores. Its properties help balance the skin’s natural sebum production (especially good for oily/pimply skin) and acts as a natural astringent.
- Avocado – Hydrates and softens your skin and is recommended as an effective treatment for acne and blackheads, eczema and other forms of skin inflammation. Also fights free-radicals.
- Jojoba - Contains many essential fatty acids, powerful antioxidants and vitamins. Naturally gentle and non-irritating; it balances oily skin, soothes sensitive skin, hydrates dry skin and helps heal acne and breakouts.
The Powerful Essential Oils
- Spearmint - Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal. Naturally soothes and tones skin and is used to treat a variety of skin conditions including acne, eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Peppermint - Gives a cooling, refreshing sensation and has a calming effect on the skin. Can aid oil secretion in skin, therefore preventing breakouts. Improves blood circulation.
- Orange - antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, it's been shown to increase the skin’s ability to absorb Vitamin C, improve collagen production and blood flow, all of which are essential for anti-ageing.
- Lemon - High in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C this is nature’s strongest cleanser and detoxifier. A natural skin toner, it also is a gentle, natural bleaching agent and can help reduce dark skin patches or age spots.
- Grapefruit – High in Vitamins A and C, rich in potassium and antioxidants which together will help clean, treat pigmentation issues, wrinkles, and age spots. A great detoxifying agent.
- Rosemary – Wonderful in calming inflammation. Protects skin cells from damage often caused by the sun and free radicals. Has natural antiseptic properties and is a superior disinfectant for skin. Calms and restores texture.
- Chamomile – Naturally calms skin, helps ease skin rashes and prevent scarring; this oil can repair, regenerate and strengthen skin structure.
Each of Nana May’s scrubs has the same ingredients, however, the recipe varies slightly for the Facial Scrub and Body Scrub. Gentler for the face, and sensitive or troubled skin. As the skin on your face is precious, we hand-grind the salts down to a much finer texture, and use less of the minty oils. Great for face, sensitive or troubled skin. The Body Scrub has a courser grind of salt to effectively remove dead skin cells from areas like hands, feet, elbows, torso, arms and legs.